Crawlspace Encapsulation, Yes or No?
When you know better, you do better. And few things illustrate this concept as well as crawlspace encapsulation.
In the past, it was believed that the best way to treat crawlspaces was to keep them as open and well-ventilated as possible, and possibly use a dehumidifyer. . The natural way still remains the best way, in my opinion. . However, there are some areas where it is just so moist that you will need to have a full encapsulation.
Mold-B-Gone offers crawlspace remediation in Atlanta, drying out these damp spaces, sealing them if necessary , and transforming them into a healthy base for your home. Our state-of-the-art approach ensures maximum protection against moisture and mold while turning your crawlspace into an ideal spot for storage.
What Is Crawlspace Remediation:
- Remediate all mold
- Install proper insulation per code
- Install a vapor barrier that overlaps 6 inches and is taped, and runs up the walls 3-6 inches
- Insure existing vents are open and working
- Install a dehumidifier if necessary
What is Crawl Space Encapsulation
- Steps 1-5 as above
- Spray foam insulation over all areas of space. It seals the open space beneath your home. It aims to accomplish a few things.
- Prevent moisture buildup outside your home.
- Prevent this moisture from entering your home.
- Stop mold growing as a result of this moisture.
- Improve insulation to stop heat transfer.
- Create a usable space.
- Reduce or eliminate damp and musty odors.
- Prevent rodents and other critters from taking up residence under your house.
If you are noticing that your floors feel cold, your home is too humid, or your family is struggling more than usual with allergies and respiratory issues, you might benefit from our Atlanta crawlspace solutions.
Once our work is complete, you will have a healthier, more energy-efficient home. The Mold-B-Gone method is all about your health and comfort. And you get a usable space out of it to boot.
If you are interested in learning more about our Atlanta crawlspace solutions, we’d love to speak with you. Call us at (470) 545-4467.