23-year-old Juliana, from New South Wales, Australia, had to be evicted from her home after authorities condemned it. The cause? A rampant mold infestation caused by a year of damp, wet weather.
“It’s really disgusting,” she told to NCA NewsWire. “It started out just in the corners of our bedrooms and living area, but at this point it’s taken over most of the walls and roofing spaces. Even after multiple attempts to remove it, it keeps growing back thicker and in new spots.”
Juliana and her two roommates were all affected. The mold spread to their personal belongings and may be the cause of a mysterious illness.
“Both of my roommates have been sick for the past six months with no explanation – a constant cough and runny nose,” Juliana said. “We’re pretty certain this is from the mold growing in their bedrooms.”
Even though they tried to deal with it themselves, the constant rain and damp weather created the perfect conditions for the mold to re-emerge. Their landlord stepped in to try and deal with the problem, but it was to no avail.
Ultimately, the three housemates had to leave the home because it was condemned.
She’s not the only one that has been dealing with mold. People living in places like Georgia, with humid climates and damp winters, are at increased risk of mold in their homes.
Mold development can be concealed. Mold may develop behind walls or above ceiling tiles. Therefore, inspecting for mold in any wet area is critical, especially if water damage has occurred.
Begin by performing a visual survey of your home. Look for stains or discoloration on floors, walls, window panes, ceiling tiles, textiles, and carpets that indicate mold or excessive moisture. Examine the area for evident leaks, dampness, floods, or a musty stench. If you detect anything strange, take immediate action!
Do not attempt to remove mold yourself. Although mold seems simple to kill, it is not simple to eliminate. One mold spore can spawn a huge infestation quickly. Many landlords and homeowners are tempted to remove mold by themselves to save on costs. However, the risk is much greater than the initial cost of mold remediation and is seldom done correctly. If the mold gets out of control, you might need to have your home demolished like Juliana’s home was.
We recommend hiring the most trusted professional in your area. If you’re in or around Atlanta, Mold-B-Gone is an excellent choice.
Our highly skilled team of certified mold removal experts specializes in whole-house cleaning. We have done mold removal services for thousands of homes and companies in Atlanta over the years and never failed a test on any house or commercial structure. Since we opened our doors, we have had a 100% rating for our mold cleaning service in Atlanta. Give us a call at (470) 545-4467 today!